Monday, October 26, 2009

Gail Pan Sesign - Christmas Wish Quilt

Having returned to sewing mode again I decided that if I drew on the designs on the little blocks and then embroidered them they would not get finished and just sit in a basket like a lot of my little blocks do, so this time I selected two feature fabrics, one I had more of than the other and i chose to set it together with the first border in a solid green so that the above colours would be added when the embroidery is finished. I love the sentiment and time that Gail has put into these designs.
This is phase one, the blocks are all drawn onto and set together with two prints, one red and one green and bordered. I am now picking out the threads that I will chose and will put this in my special stitching corner to start right away. These are so inspirational. I also have one block extra for the back and hope to be able to put the word " Family , and Pray, what a treasure this little wall quilt will be and hopefully it will share this Christmas with us.

No comments: