Saturday, March 14, 2009

Second Gold Block


Friday when I went to finish this block the bower of roses changed my theme of sticking with a small pink flower on every block. I wanted to move out a bit more. I am still keeping with using up small amounts of things I have saved. For example the tatting was a design that never did make it anywhere else, but it did fit well on the project. I also scrunched some gold toned ribbon and collages beads. I did cut the dangling cluster of beads that was hanging as it did not look like it belonged. I love the little fairy hiding under the beads and used some special sequins from my friend. I have one more block laid out and and fourth one to pull some stitches out of and then I can proceed further. I am truly enjoying this challenge.

2 comments:

FredaB said...

Hi Linda

This is a lovely block as are the ones that preceded it. I read your comment about the Piecemakers butterfly quilt and I too am having the same problem with the dark. I am in Florida for the winter so brought all shades of grey, blacks, silver, etc. in fabrics, laces, threads, etc.down with me
and I just cannot get started. Maybe I need to re-think color also.

I too have been saving butterflies.

Hugs

FredaB

Thelma said...

Beautiful Linda!! You sure are on a roll!!