Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pink, beige and white Block 6" square


I found this a very soothing block to work on. As you can see from a previous post I have removed the rose and put a fluted flower with a beaded pistil lop at the end of the gathered and rusched ribbon. I also removed the flower with the white in it, as it was taking over the block. I like how the little bouquet of roses adds to the design in the middle and the bleached wooden buttons fade out as if the little dragonfly is going to land on them.
I will have to place a new work in progress on my table so that I can start something new to work on. I do want to do the Piecemakers block, but want to warm up a bit with some smaller ones.

4 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Linda, This is the most beautiful block. Love the ruched ribbon and flower bead. I also love the dragonfly. How did you make him??? I looked but could not really tell how you did it. Hugs Judy

Thelma said...

I love it Linda!! The colors are so soothing and your stitching is awesome!!

Marie Alton said...

Hi Linda ... this is so lovely!
Missed seeing you post & glad that you're back.

Hugs ... Marie

Marie Alton said...

Hi Linda! This is just lovely!
Missed seeing you post ... glad you're back! Hugs ... Marie