Thursday, January 08, 2009

Pay It Forward

Busily crocheting the little bears that are made with thread and finally did one with a twist, it is done in light purple and is brushed. I do need a break from these little critters and they will be forwarded onto new homes as promised.

I finished a white and beige set, a miniature beige bear, and now the mohair bear, and have a red bear and one more, I think in thebasket, then I will make for myself.

I will share some pics. I made the above for a few who do not crochet and now need to concentrate on doing some resting and reading and catching up with the things I have wanted to do in my life.

I asked a local nursing home if I could sew anything for them and they mentioned such as, and I responded with " bean bags ", she exclaimed "yes " we had to toss some out as they were getting pretty ragged.............so I plan on setting up and doing about a dozen new bean bags in bright colours for the nursing home.

I also have a new book Alexandra Stoddard " the Art of the Possible " and have never read any of her books but want to read this one. I also want to start reading Barbara Bradford's " Emma's Secret ", it is a gift book and it is a big one but keeps calling out my name.

I have one cq healing block to finish and get in the mail and my parcels should all be ready to go by tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh my...I could never begin to crochet with thread!! I made a few bookmarks using crochet cotton and that was small enough for me. If my fingers weren't flirting with arthritis now I might have given it a try though.