Thursday, July 05, 2007


- This beautiful fan shaped pillow with vintage buttons, charms, beads, sequins, paillettes and ribbons was from a kit from Victoria Adams Brown of Ribbon Smyth. I added a dark black jacquard background and learned so many new techniques in working on this pillow. It is my prized possession. I kept this one.






This simple little needlecase was made for a friend. It is all lined and has needle pages on the inside. The lace on the side is tea dyed and has been ehanced with large gold rocailles and the initial is done with silkribbon work. It is finished with black velvet backing and fully lined. I truly enjoy making these little jewels. It was given as a friendship gift.







This is the beginnings of a purse that I made for my stitching sister and turned into a purse. I adapted a pattern from a book she had given to me as a gift and rather than use just threads used my version of overdyed silkribbons and brought the flowers to life. I know she truly enjoys this as she told me she was the talk of the Sunday morning church service.




Far to precious to put a pin into is this beautiful design from Victoria Adams Brown and I loved it so much that I had enough fine fabrics left over to make a second one for a stitching sister and she loves hers just as much. No affilliation, but there is always more than enough in Victoria's kits to make and continue to make something more special.



This is the back of the same needlecase. This, along with the fan pillow from above sit on my special padded table in the hallway for admiration only.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow everything is so beautiful!!!
Melissa