Friday, January 19, 2007


Whitework is a form of embroidery I have never tried but today I took the plunge and I think I am glad that I did. I used a good cotton, " Kona ", and some perle thread along with some metallics, but I think I will remove the metallics. I am hoping to develop this one into a pillow and place a monogram in the centre for the bedroom. I also want to make matching monogramed sheets. Sounds ambitious now doesn't it.


I have also been making some beaded cabs and still working on the one and only paisley that I will ever make for a swap.


About a weeks work left on the pineapple christening gown, and still working away on the log cabin quilt by hand.


Well off to watch the freezing rain hit the windows.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful! I'm about to do some Whitework myself!

Linda B said...

Melissa I am so inspired by your blog, please keep me posted. I have taken a pattern and adapted it to a quilt. I have a friend who is doing hers in silkribbon and is doing a wonderful work of art with it. I am still planning on doing whitework with metallic highlights and beads. Thank-you for your kind words.

Vivian said...

Your white work is lovely and delicate.